ACADEMIC ESTEEM & EXTERNAL ACTIVITIES
Ø Head of Sports Research Unit, Athens Institute for Education & Research (Greece).
Ø At the Editorial Board of:
o Sports Management International Journal Choregia (2012 – today)
o Advances in Sport Management Research (2013 – today)
o Athens Journal of Sports (2014 – today)
Ø Book Review Editor: Sport, Business and Management: An International Journal
Ø Co-chair of the Local Organising Committee for the 22nd European Sport Management Association conference (Coventry, 9-12 September 2014, UK)
Ø Keynote Speaker (after invitation) at the 13th Pan-Hellenic Conference in Sport Management, Sparta (Greece) 7-9 December, 2012.
Ø Invited Judge for 2011-12 Coubertin Olympic Awards Student Essay Competition aiming to promote research on how the Olympic ideals can help businesses balance commercial success with their social responsibilities.
Ø Convener of the Following Peer-reviewed Conference Workshops:
o  - “Social Responsibility Management In and Through Sport”, (with Tim Breitbarth, Stefan Walzel and Frank van Eekeren), 22nd European Sport Management Association conference (Coventry, UK, forthcoming).
o  - “UEFA’s ‘Euro for Europe’: The Way Forward or Just an Anniversary Model?” (with Benoît Senaux and Thomas Junod), 22nd European Sport Management Association conference (Coventry, UK, forthcoming).
o  - “Social Responsibility Management in Professional Sport”, (with Tim Breitbarth, Stefan Walzel and Frank van Eekeren), 21st European Sport Management Association conference (Constantinople, Turkey).
o  - “The Governance of Professional European Team Sports”, (with Hallgeir Gammelsæter and Benoît Senaux), 19th European Sport Management Association conference (Madrid, Spain).
Ø Sub-track Chair at the Following Academic Conferences:
o  - “Sport Governance”, (with Mathieu Winand, Hallgeir Gammelsæter and Benoît Senaux), 13th European Academy of Management (Constantinople, Turkey).
Ø Reviewer at the Following Academic Conferences:
o [2010 – Present]: Sports: Economic, Management, Marketing, & Social Aspects (ATINER).
o [2010 – Present]: European Association Sport Management (EASM).
o [2010 – Present]: European Academy of Management (EURAM) Special Interest Group “Managing Sport”.
o [2014 – Present]: Sport Management Association of Australia & New Zealand (SMAANZ)
Ø Research Member of the Centre for the International Business of Sport (CIBS) at Coventry Business School, Coventry University (England).
Ø Book reviewer: Casper, J. & Pfahl, M. (2014) Sport Organizations and the Natural Environment: Theory and Practice. Routledge
Ø Guest Reviewer for:
o Journal of Sport Management (one manuscript in 2013; one manuscript in 2014)
o Sport, Business and Management: An International Journal (one manuscript in 2013)
o European Sport Management Quarterly (one manuscript in 2013; two manuscripts in 2014)
o Soccer & Society (one manuscript for a special issue in 2013)
o Management Decision (one manuscript in 2014)
VISITING LECTURES & GUEST TALKS
- 3-7 November 2014: Invited lectures on Qualitative Research Methodologies at Molde University College (Norway).
- 1-4 April 2014: Guest lectures at Molde University College for the Undergraduate programme in Sport Management (Norway).
- 27- 28 February 2014: Visit and talks at the Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism Management – North Carolina State University, (USA).
- 13-15 February 2013: Invited lectures at the Department of Movement and Health Sciences - Ghent University, (Belgium) (International Week in Teaching Sport).
- 17-21 December 2012: Guest lectures at European University Cyprus for the UG programmes International Business & Sport Management (Erasmus Staff Mobility scheme) (Cyprus).
- 26-29 November 2012: Guest lectures and participation into the International Sport Management Game “West Ham United FC” hosted and organised by Hanze University Groningen (Holland).
- 8-12 October 2012: Visit and talks at Jianxi University of Finance & Economics, Nanchang (China) - E7355 SPORT-BOUND [Sport across International Boundaries: Building Knowledge through Shared Understanding]
- 13 February 2012: Guest talk at Ithaca New York College (London Campus) for the UG Sport Management programme (England).
- 7-11 November 2011: Guest lectures at European University Cyprus for the UG programmes International Business & Sport Management (Erasmus Staff Mobility scheme) (Cyprus).
- 17 & 18 October 2011: Guest lectures at Molde University College for the Master of Science in Team Sport Management (Norway).
- 15 & 16 May 2011: Invited talk at the General Assembly of the Greek Professional Footballers Association. Athens (Greece).
- 30 November – 03 December 2010: Guest lectures and participation into the International Sport Management Game “West Ham United FC” hosted and organised by Hanze University Groningen (Holland).
- 18 November 2010: Guest talk at the Student Seminar during the 7th German Conference for Sport Economics & Sport Management. German Sport University Cologne. Cologne (Germany).
- 10 March 2010: Guest talk entitled: “Greek Professional Football: ‘What’s the score after the triumph in Euro 2004?” Birkbeck Sport Business Centre, Birkbeck, University of London. Wednesday 10 March 2010. London (England)
2006 - 2008 Sports Facilities Manager, University College Birmingham, (England)
2004 - 2008 Senior Security Department & International PR, Aston Villa Football Club (UK)
1999 - 2003 Croupier, Club Hotel Casino Loutraki (Greece)
1998 - 1999 Clerk at the export Dept, Fulgor S.A., Corinth (Greece)
1997 - 1998 Military Service (ΕΛ.ΔΥ.Κ, Nicosia, Cyprus)
1994 - 1997 Professional (& semi-professional) football player, (Greece)
English Football Association Level 3 (UEFA B’) in Football Coaching
Diploma in Football Management & Scouting
FA Level 1 in Football Psychology
Exercise Sports Physiology Diploma – Stonebridge College