The Research Award is newly established as an annual recognition and will be awarded for the first time in 2021.
Purpose of the Award
To recognize outstanding contributions of academic staff to excellent and innovative research that enhances Molde University College’s reputation at an international level.
Description of Award
The Research Award recognizes innovative and sustained activities in scholarly pursuits to foster intellectual inquiry and research excellence. This annual award recognizes distinguished accomplishments in the pursuit of research activities across the academic disciplines. The award is presented to a member of the faculty who demonstrates the highest standards of excellence in their research, scholarship, and contributions to their field.
The committee will consider the following criteria to score the applications:
- Publications in high impact international peer-reviewed publications,
- Serving on editorial boards,
- Invited presentations at national and international conferences,
- Leadership in research consortia and centres,
- Invited academic presentations, and similar scholarly activities that indicate stature in their field,
- Serving as a reviewer for funding agencies or other external academic organizations,
- Successful record of external funding
- All full-time faculty members of the university
- Faculty members with a minimum of one year of employment at Molde University College
- Candidates who are recipients of the same award in the previous three years will not be eligible.
Applications will be assessed by the members of the evaluation committee (consists of three members nominated by the Deans of each faculty). If a member of the committee submits an application, he/she will be excluded from the evaluation panel. Importantly, the committee may decide to not make an award if they feel that none of the applicants has provided evidence of sufficient meritorious achievement in research/scholarship.
Each applicant should provide sufficient supporting material to give the evaluation committee a thorough understanding of the quality of the candidate’s research/scholarship activities. The submitted documentation should, in any event, include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- A letter attesting to the applicant’s performance in the areas of research and scholarship under the above award criteria
Submissions are due by April 30, 2021. The application must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
The award will be presented at the Opening Ceremony of the Academic year. The winner will be announced on the university’s website.