Facts about the course
- Study points:
- Responsible department:
- Faculty of Logistics
- Course Leader:
- Yury Redutskiy
- Lecture Semester:
- Teaching language:
- ½ year
LOG730 Basics of Petroleum Logistics (Autumn 2018)
About the course
The subjects covered in this course are:
"Basics of Energy Economics" covers topics like world energy overview, energy resources, world energy production, consumption and trade, and the history of oil and gas industry in Norway.
"Introduction to Offshore Oil and Gas Logistics", deals with the world oil and gas reserves offshore, historical development of offshore drilling, countries and operators producing (exporting) oil and gas offshore, world trends of offshore activity, management of offshore oil and gas supply chain including land transport, supply bases and supply vessels, their characteristics and common challenges.
"Introduction to Offshore Field Development" deals with the geology of oil and gas offshore, exploration and drilling processes.
"Oil, Gas and Petroleum Products Flows" deals with the infrastructure of the oil and gas industry including the different transportation modes, the supply logistics of the industry as well as the inventory management of oil and gas and their derivatives.
The course is connected to the following study programs
- Individual Study Courses/Part- time studies
- Master of Science in Petroleum Logistics
Equivalent to requirements for the MSc program in logistics.
The student's learning outcomes after completing the course
After having completed the course the students:
- will be able to give energy review of any country, analyze energy resources (reserves, production and consumption) of the country, trade movements ¿ exports or imports, compose energy balances of the country in progress and comment on the trends of energy policy of the country;
- will know world trends of offshore activity, challenges and importance of petroleum offshore logistics on the examples of oil and gas companies operating offshore;
- will know the chemical and physical properties of oil and gas, the geology of oil and gas, exploration, drilling and refining processes;
- will know the petroleum industry supply chain and its infrastructure , the supply logistics for drilling, extraction and refinery processing, the inventory management and the transportation of oil and gas and their derivatives in different physical phases by different transportation modes, and general approaches for distribution of petroleum and gas products.
Coursework requirements - conditions for taking the exam
- Mandatory coursework: Other - please specify in the comments
- Courseworks given: 2
- Courseworks required:
- Presence: Not required
- Comment: 2 mandatory assignements
- Form of assessment: Written school assessment
- Proportion: 100%
- Duration: 4 Hours
- Grouping: Individual
- Grading scale: Letter (A - F)
- Support material: Calculator with empty memory + general dictionary in mother tongue/Norwegian/English in paper version