Facts about the course
- ECTS Credits:
- Responsible department:
- Faculty of Logistics
- Course Leader:
- Sergei Teryokhin
- Lecture Semester:
- ½ year
LOG260N Risikostyring og ledelse (nettbasert) (Spring 2021)
About the course
Any business activity is associated with uncertainty and different types of risk. This course aims at examining environmental (exogenous) types of risk and will give an understanding about areas of risk an organization could be exposed to. Topics covered will include: supply chain risk sources (process risk, control risk, supply risk, demand risk, environmental risk); drivers of supply chain risks; robust supply chain strategies (postponement, strategic stock, flexible supply base, make-and-buy, economic supply incentives, flexible transportation, revenue management via pricing and promotion, assortment planning); physical features of a resilient supply chain.
The course is connected to the following study programs
- Individual Study Courses/Part- time studies
- Nettilbud for permitterte og arbeidsledige
Reduction of Credits
This course’s contents overlap with the following courses. A reduction of credits will occur if one of these courses is taken in addition:
|Course||Reduction of Credits|
|LOG260 – Risikostyring og ledelse||7.5|
The student's learning outcomes after completing the course
Upon completing this course, the candidate:
has broad knowledge of important theories, issues, and methods within the area of supply chain risks
is familiar with research and development work in the area of supply chain risks
has insight into the major sources and risk drivers in modern supply chain
can apply academic knowledge and relevant results of research to the development of supply chain mitigation strategies such as postponement, buffer stocks, make-and-buy decisions, flexible supply base and transportation.
is familiar with the consequences of improper external risks management
Forms of teaching and learning
The course is organized as a four-week intensive study. Each week, there are:
three short video lectures (20-40 min)
two-three online conference sessions with the teacher for Q&A.
Form of assessment:Home exam
Grading scale: Letter (A - F)
Support material: All printed and written supporting materials.
1. Risk Assessment: Tools, Techniques, and Their Applications, First Edition, Lee T. Ostrom, Cheryl A. Wilhelmsen, John Wiley & Sons, 2012.
2. Probabilistic Risk Analysis: Foundations and Methods, Bedford T. and Cooke
R., Cambridge, 2001.
3. Managing Risks To Avoid Supply Chain Breakdown. Chopra, S. and Sodhi, M. MIT Sloan Management Review, Vol 46, No. 1, pp. 53 – 61. 2004
4. Christopher S. Tang (2006) Robust strategies for mitigating supply chain disruptions, International Journal of Logistics: Research and Applications, 9:1, 33-45.
5. Textbook. Khojasteh, Yacob ed. 2017. Supply Chain Risk Management: Advanced Tools, Models, and Developments. Springer Nature Singapore.
At the start of the studies, the complete syllabus will be available through the college’s learning management system.