Facts about the course
- ECTS Credits:
- Responsible department:
- Faculty of Business Administration and Social Sciences
- Lecture Semester:
- Teaching language:
- ½ year
ADM420 Digital Marketing (Spring 2023)
About the course
The emergence of the Internet and other new forms of information and communication technology have changed business environments and the practice of marketing drastically. In the first part of this course, digital marketing fundamentals are discussed. This part relates the use of the Internet to traditional marketing theories and concepts, and questions the validity of existing models given the differences between the Internet and other media.
The second part centers round developing a comprehensive digital marketing strategy. This part describes the emerging models for developing strategy and provides examples of the approaches companies have used to integrate the Internet into their marketing strategy.
The third part of this course explains practical approaches to implementing a digital marketing strategy. Techniques for communicating with customers, building relationships and facilitating electronic commerce are all reviewed in some detail.
The course is connected to the following study programs
- Bachelor in Economics and Business Administration
Required prerequisite knowledge
The student's learning outcomes after completing the course
After completing the course, the successful student should:
- Understanding how marketing in a digital era has impacted the practice of marketing.
- Being able to define a winning digital marketing strategy based on a thorough understanding of specific Internet- related issues that need to be considered by digital marketers.
- Being able to develop a relevant digital marketing action plan based on a thorough understanding of how to ensure a quality customer experience, techniques for communicating with customers, building relationships, and evaluation and improvement of digital channel performance.
Forms of teaching and learning
3 hours of lecture per week for 10 weeks
Coursework requirements - conditions for taking the exam
- Mandatory coursework: Other - please specify in the comments
- Courseworks given:
- Courseworks required: 2
- Presence: Not required
- Comment: Students are required to follow Google Skillshop (free, https://skillshop.withgoogle.com/) in parallel with this course to obtain 2 certifications. Students must screenshot their scores and provide the certifications to get course approval.
- Form of assessment: School assessment
- Proportion: 100%
- Duration: 2 hours
- Grouping: Individual
- Grading scale: Letter (A - F)
- Supported material: