Fakta om emnet
- Ansvarlig avdeling:
- Avdeling for logistikk
- Ketil Danielsen
- ½ år
IBE320 Extended Reality (Høst 2020)
New and emerging immersive technologies extend the reality we experience by either blending the virtual and “real” worlds or by creating a fully virtual experience.
Extended reality (XR) is a term referring to human interactions with immersive technologies that can merge the human augmented experiences of the physical and virtual worlds.
The concept of a “Virtuality Continuum” was introduced by Paul Milgram in 1994, and has been used identify human experiences along a spectrum from an all real environment, to degrees of mixed reality that contains elements of Augmented Reality (AR), to the all Virtual Reality (VR) environment. Human experiences with these environments and the human-machine interactions are generated by virtual and augmentative technologies that include wearables.
In Virtual Reality or VR applications, artificial environments are presented to users through IT in such a way that the user is not aware of their physical surroundings and can experience virtually generated content as real (to some extent). Augmented Reality (AR) is different from VR in that they do not create an artificial environment but overlap with new digital information over an existing environment. Mixed Reality (MR) can encompass different elements of AR and VR, for example, spatial AR combines physical space with virtual content that can be triggered through some tactile interaction in the physical space. See-through AR is where digital content can be seen in the physical space to the wearer of a device.
In this course, the students will learn how to model realities with the different techniques.
Emnet er tilknyttet følgende studieprogram
- Bachelor i IT og digitalisering
Studentens læringsutbytte etter bestått emne
On completion of the course the student should:
- be able to formulate issues and choose the most suitable digitization technique to provide a credible experience with overlapping realities
- be able to have communication and cooperation between the participants, eg. between teachers and students, engineers and inspectors, medical personnel or for entertainment purposes, which are some of the typical AR / VR domains, should be organized in such a way that it is experienced naturally and effectively
- be able to assess whether simulations of physical objects and relationships between such (eg buildings, technical drawings, business processes, roles, personal identities etc.) and the users as important parameters for an advanced model of this type are successful
Undervisnings- og læringsformer
4 hours of teaching per week with lectures, seminars, project work and problem solving with guidance from auxiliary teacher and subject teacher.
Arbeidskrav - vilkår for å avlegge eksamen
- Obligatorisk arbeidskrav: Oppgave(r)
- Antall arbeidskrav: 2
- Påkrevde arbeidskrav: 2
- Fremmøte: Påkrevd
Vurderingsform: Skriftlig skoleeksamen
Varighet: 4 Timer
Hjelpemidler: Alle trykte og skrevne hjelpemidler + kalkulator med tomt minne