Fakta om emnet
- Ansvarlig avdeling:
- Avdeling for logistikk
- Lisa Hansson
- ½ år
TRA500 Europeisk transportpolitikk (Høst 2020)
The European Union, as well as many European countries, are taking steps to meet the rising challenges in the transport sector. For example the European Commission's low-emission mobility strategy sets guiding principles to Member States to introduce low-emission alternative energies and vehicles, encouraging modal shift to active travel (cycling and walking), public transport and/or shared mobility schemes, such as bike, car-sharing and car-pooling, to reduce congestion and pollution.
In the course, major policy challenges, goals, conflicting interests, and policy impacts on national and European level are discussed, with empahsis on the transition toward a more sustainable transport system and land passanger transport policies in general. The course also provides an introduction to some central public policy theories.
The course will emphasize:
- Land passanger transport
- Sustainable transport systems/sustainable transition
- EUs transport policies and other relevant documents
Emnet er tilknyttet følgende studieprogram
- Bachelor i logistikk og SCM
- Internasjonalt studieprogram (utenlandske studenter)
Studentens læringsutbytte etter bestått emne
After completing the course, the student should:
- have knowlege about the policy making process in EU and key transport policy documents
- be able to discuss policy challenges, conflicting interests, and policy impacts on national and European level, with empahsis on the transition toward a more sustainable transport system and land passanger transport policies in general.
- have knowlege about some new research results in the field that points to other ways of organizing land passanger transport that meet future technological development and enviornmental challenges.
- be able to independently collect and analyse information that address European and national transport policies and point to alternative solutions that might meet some of the challenges in the transport sector
- have an insigt to some central public policy theories
Undervisnings- og læringsformer
2-3 hours/week (adjustments might occur), in addition to student self studies, assignments etc.
Arbeidskrav - vilkår for å avlegge eksamen
- Obligatorisk arbeidskrav: Oppgave(r)
- Antall arbeidskrav: 2
- Påkrevde arbeidskrav: 2
- Fremmøte: Påkrevd
- Kommentar: 1. Oral presentation (presence required)2. Written assignmentGrade: pass/fail
- Vurderingsform: Skriftlig skoleeksamen
- Andel: 100%
- Varighet: 4 Timer
- Gruppering: Individuell
- Karakterskala: Bokstavkarakter
- Hjelpemidler: Kun generell ordbok morsmål/norsk/engelsk i papirformat
- Vurderingsform: Annen vurderingsform, definer i kommentarfelt
- Andel: 0%
- Varighet: -
- Gruppering: -
- Karakterskala: Bestått/ikke bestått
- Hjelpemidler: Alle trykte og skrevne hjelpemidler
Set reading to be announced in Canvas by course opening.