Fakta om emnet
- Ansvarlig avdeling:
- Avdeling for logistikk
- Harald Martin Hjelle
- ½ år
TRA610 Green Logistics (Vår 2022)
The course will cover core subjects dealing with analyses of the environmental performance of transport systems and supply chains. A general introduction to the sustainability aims of the UN regarding environmental issues will form the backdrop of the course. Then the footprint and role of transport systems and supply chains in this picture will be analysed. The footprint will be defined in economic terms as an external effect. The efficiency of technical and market-based incentives and regulations will be discussed. Strategic and operational tools available for companies will be introduced. Green supply chain solutions as a business opportunities and CSR is discussed. Contemporary issues like the environmental impact of e-business and sustainable city logistics will also be addressed, as well as green transport technology perspectives.
Emnet er tilknyttet følgende studieprogram
- Bachelor i logistikk og SCM
- Bachelor i petroleumslogistikk og økonomi
- Bachelor i bærekraftig logistikk og sirkulær økonomi
- Internasjonalt studieprogram (utenlandske studenter)
- Internasjonalt studieprogram - masternivå
Background knowledge equal to the content of SØK200, TRA310 and SCM110 is recommended.
Studentens læringsutbytte etter bestått emne
The successful candidate will be able to
- present the environment-related sustainability aims of the UN, and discuss how transport systems and supply chains play an important role related to these aims
- analyse the environmental footprint of different modes of transport and discuss how this footprint could be reduced
- define environmental impacts as economic externalities and discuss market-based and non-market-based regulations as means of internalization of these externalities
- identify and analyse tools available to companies that wants to make their supply chains greener
- discuss how greening supply chains and transport operations could enhance business opportunities
- exemplify and discuss strategies for sustainable city logistics solutions
- analyse how e-commerce may impact the environment
Undervisnings- og læringsformer
Lectures/seminars and classroom activities.
- Vurderingsform: Skriftlig skoleeksamen
- Andel: 100%
- Varighet: 4 Timer
- Gruppering: Individuell
- Karakterskala: Bokstavkarakter
- Hjelpemidler: Kun generell ordbok morsmål/norsk/engelsk i papirformat
Evaluering av emnet
Closed book school exam counting 100%.
Alan McKinnon, Michael Browne, Maja Piecyk, Anthony Whiteing: Green Logistics - Improving the environmental performance of logistics, 3rd edition, KoganPage 2015.
Video-recorded lectures with lecture notes/Power-Points.
Addidional material TBA.