Facts about the course
- Study points:
- Responsible department:
- Faculty of Logistics
- Lecture Semester:
- Teaching language:
- ½ year
LOG904-146 Supply Base Logistics (Autumn 2018)
About the course
The seminar concentrates on Supply Base Logistics in the Oil and Gas and the Wind industry. More precisely, the seminar focuses on logistics challenges on strategic, tactical and operational levels related to supply bases used for supplying offshore oil and gas installations, and by Wind Farms. The seminar gives an introduction to supply base logistics and reviews and analyses logistics problems related to supply base development and supply base operations.
Topics covered: Supply Chain Management, Logistics Planning, Cargo tracking, O&G logistics and Offshore Wind Farm logistics
The course is connected to the following study programs
- Master of Science in Logistics
- Experience-based Master in Logistics
- Master of Science in Petroleum Logistics
- Exchange programme - Master's level
Good Supply Chain Management knowledge is preferable
The student's learning outcomes after completing the course
The man learning outcome of the course is that students should learn to recognize typical Supply Base Logistics challenges, and how these can be approached in a workable way.
Forms of teaching and learning
Class room lectures.
Coursework requirements - conditions for taking the exam
- Mandatory coursework: Report(s)
- Courseworks given: 1
- Courseworks required:
- Presence: Not required
- Comment: During the seminar week, the students will have to carry out a group work resulting in a report and an in-class presentation.
- Form of assessment: Written school assessment
- Proportion: 100%
- Duration: 3 Hours
- Grouping: Individual
- Grading scale: Letter (A - F)
- Support material: All printed and written supporting material
Articles and other teaching material distributed by the lecturer before and during the course.