Facts about the course
- Study points:
- Responsible department:
- Faculty of Logistics
- Course Leader:
- Homayoun Shaabani
- Lecture Semester:
- Teaching language:
- ½ year
LOG904-101 Research Design (Autumn 2019)
About the course
Mandatory for MSc Logistics
Framework or appropriate plan for a study (research) used for formulating research problems, administration of data and analysis.
- Improve your ability to formulate and structure a research problem for your master thesis
- To ensure that your study is relevant to the research problem
- To ensure that the study use relevant and economical procedures
- To learn more about research methods and data collection methods
Professor Buvik gives introduction lectures to the course based on long experiences in advising Master students and PHD students.
Professor Thorstenson goes more specifically into research opportunities and research methods in quantitative logistics.
The library will instruct students about literature search, and several research projects will be presented by the college staff.
The course is connected to the following study programs
- Master of Science in Logistics
- Experience-based Master in Logistics
- Master of Science in Petroleum Logistics
- Exchange programme - Master's level
- Form of assessment: Home assessment
- Proportion: 100%
- Duration: -
- Grouping: Individual
- Grading scale: Pass/fail
- Support material: All printed and written supporting material