Facts about the course
- Study points:
- Responsible department:
- Faculty of Business Administration and Social Sciences
- Course Leader:
- Alexander Krumer
- Lecture Semester:
- Teaching language:
- ½ year
IDR305 Sports Economics (Autumn 2019)
About the course
1. Production possibility frontier
2. Consumer behavior and a demand curve
3. Producer costs and a supply curve
4. Competitive market equilibrium
5. Deviation from competitive markets
6. Time value of the money (present and future values)
7. Different forms of interest rates
The course is connected to the following study programs
- Bachelor in Sport Management
Basic mathematical skills in algebra and geometry.
The student's learning outcomes after completing the course
The students will learn the most fundamental tools that economists use such as marginal costs and benefits, opportunity costs, supply and demand, game theory, present value of financial assets and many more. The students will be able to use them to analyze real world problems.
Forms of teaching and learning
During the lectures the students will be given formal tools that will help them to solve home exercises.
- Form of assessment: Written school assessment
- Proportion: 100%
- Duration: 3 Hours
- Grouping: Individual
- Grading scale: Letter (A - F)
- Support material: Calculator with empty memory + general dictionary in mother tongue/Norwegian/English in paper version
The main textbook is the sixth edition of "Microeconomics" edited by Pindyck, Robert S., and Daniel L. Rubinfeld.