Facts about the course
- Study points:
- Responsible department:
- Faculty of Business Administration and Social Sciences
- Course Leader:
- Carlos Sousa
- Lecture Semester:
- Teaching language:
- ½ year
ADM735 International Marketing (Spring 2021)
About the course
- PART 1: THE DECISION TO INTERNATIONALISE: Global marketing in the firm; Initiation of internationalization; Internationalization theories; Development of the firm’s international competitiveness.
- PART 2: DECIDING WHICH MARKETS TO ENTER: The political and economic environment; The social cultural environment; The international market selection process.
- PART 3: MARKET ENTRY STRATEGIES: Selecting market entry mode; Export, intermediate and hierarchical entry modes.
- PART 4: DESIGNING THE GLOBAL MARKETING PROGRAMME: International Product Strategies; Pricing in International Markets; Distribution Channels in International Markets; International Promotion Strategies.
The course is connected to the following study programs
- Individual Study Courses/Part- time studies
- Master in Change and Management
- Master in Economics and Business Administration
The student's learning outcomes after completing the course
- By the end of the course students will:
- Be able to decide whether to internationalize
- Be able to decide which foreign markets to enter
- Be able to decide how to enter a foreign market
- Be able to design an international marketing programme
Forms of teaching and learning
2 hours of lecture per week
- Form of assessment: Written school assessment
- Proportion: %
- Duration: 3 Hours
- Grouping: Individual
- Grading scale: Letter (A - F)
- Support material: Only general dictionary in mother tongue/Norwegian/English in paper version