New corona restrictions at Molde University College - from 25 March
Yesterday afternoon, the government launched new and stricter national measures. The following applies to HiMolde from and including Thursday 25 March and until 14 April.
To our students and staff
- No campus tuition is provided during this period. All tuition is provided digitally only. Stay tuned to Canvas for information. A new assessment will be made before 12 April.
- All planned physical events will be canceled during this period.
- Our campuses in Molde and Kristiansund close the front doors, but employees and students have access to using key cards.
- The University College's telephone 712 14,000 is serviced during working hours 08.00 - 15.45.
- Service is provided only digitally. Contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need a physical meeting, this must be agreed upon in advance.
- The library on Molde campus is more open/unattended, and you must use the student card/loan card to enter. The library's entrance area and areas are camera-monitored when it is more open/unattended.
- The library at the Kristiansund campus is accessible with a student card.
- Remember that all the libraries 'digital services are available and that the libraries' employees can be contacted at email@example.com.
- On the Molde campus, all flat teaching rooms are available as reading rooms. All auditoriums will be closed to students.
- At our campus in Kristiansund, the teaching rooms in the east wing are available as reading rooms.
- Please note that the 2-meter rule applies from Thursday 25 March. Everyone you previously had to keep a 1-meter distance to, you should now keep 2 meters distance. If the 2-meter cannot be held, a face mask should be used. We must be very careful about all infection control rules now so that we do not have to close completely.
- For nursing students who are attending their internships after Easter, the same message applies as given on March 22 regarding postponed practice. Nursing students receive more detailed information from the department.
- Learning disability nurse students who are already at their internships must follow the rules from the employer where they are.
- It has previously been decided that all exams in the spring of 2021 will be home exams.
More about travel advice and other advice and rules here (in Norwegian): https://www.regjeringen.no/no/aktuelt/regjeringen-innforer-strengere-nasjonale-tiltak/id2841039/
To our employees
- We ask most employees to work from home during this period. However, some must be available on campus, since we do not close completely. The leaders organize the necessary presence in both Molde and Kristiansund, possibly in the form of shifts.
- We expect that most people will now cope with a rapid transition to digital teaching and work from home. For questions; contact firstname.lastname@example.org or your manager.
- Take care of yourself. We hope everyone can be safely back on campus in mid-April 😊
The emergency team at HiMolde
March 24, 2021