New and retake exams
A new or retake exam will be organised if any student failed or had a legitimate absence during the original examination. If a resit exam is organised, students that wish to improve exam results can also sign up.
By the end of May 2020, a decision will be made whether or not an extraordinary exam period will take place in August. The decision will be based on how many students were not able to complete their exams due to Corona virus related issues between from April – May 2020. Dates and deadline for signing up will be announced after the decision is made.
Signing up for new and retake exams:
- 10 - 22 August for retake of spring exams. Exams are held the first half of September.
- 10 - 22 January for retake of autumn exams. Exams are held the first half of February.
- List of retake exams available in February 2020.
Exams offered will be published in Studentweb and on this website on 10 January /10 August at the latest.
The following applies for new and retake exams:
- You must have met or have a legitimate absence from the original exam to be eligible to sign up for the resit exam.
- You have three attempts on each exam. Exemptions are bachelor's and master's thesis'. You will only be granted one more attempt on a thesis and only if you failed your first attempt.
- The best grade from your attempts will remain on your diploma.
- A new and retake exam is a 100% exam that will give you a new total grade in the subject. You cannot choose to just retake only part-exams in a subject.
- If you are waiting for the results of an explanation of a appeal on your grade, don’t wait until the result arrives, but sign up for the resit exams before the deadline. If you are satisfied with the results of the complaint, you can withdraw from the retake exam.
- New and retake exams may be held during the evening.