Sport Management Research Group (SpM)
The Sport Management research group (SpM) consist of researchers with an interest in management related issues within the sport context.
Sport Management (SpM) is a research group within the Faculty of Business Administration and Social Sciences aiming to develop and publish knowledge relevant to sport organizations and the sports industry.
The group members represent a broad scope of research methods and interest.
Our research areas:
- Organizations and society
- Structures, institutions, policies and politics
- Human resource management
- Leader succession and effectiveness
- Organizational behavior and strategic management
- Sport for development and peace
- Sport and inclusion
- Event organization
- Volunteering in sports organizations
- Sports as a business
- Economics, game theory and finance
- Marketing and sponsorship
- Gender issues in sport
Ongoing research projects:
The research is funded by Molde University College, various contract research and Erasmus +.
- Solveig Straume (Leader)
- Kjetil Kåre Haugen (Secondary leader)
- Geir Oterhals (Secondary leader)
- Christos Anagnostopoulos
- Odd Anders Bøyum-Folkeseth
- Harald Klaus Dolles
- Hallgeir Gammelsæter
- Kjell Marius Herskedal
- Knut Peder Heen
- Ole Martin Kleivenes
- Oskar Solenes
- Guro Fiskergård Werner
- Birnir Egilsson