The first days as a student - registration
Create user account
Activate your user account (self-service portal)
- Log in with your surname and birthdate
- You have to accept electronically: Guidlines for using computers at Molde University College and keycard
- User ID (studentnumber) and password will be generated
- Watch instruction video on how to create user account
- If you experience any issues activating your account: Contact IT Support
Remember your student number and password
Register with Studentweb
Log on to StudentWeb - with your assigned student number and password. Log on using Feide. Choose "My studies" and click on show my education plan with assigned student number and password.
- You must accept electronically: rules and guidelines concerning examination, rules concerning the use of sources and policy statements. References and bibliographies and library lending rules.
- You must approve the study plan and register for classes and exams (from autumn 2020 this applies also for new students in bachelor in nursing and social education) Deadline for registration for each topic is September 1.
- Our staff will be available if you need some help.
Check the following in the Studentweb Portal:
- That your home address is correct.
- Your student home address is correct
- Email and phone numbers are correct. Contact email@example.com if some of your information is incorrect.
- Watch instruction video of how to register with StudentWeb
Pay semester fee
Digital student ID
Digital student ID is an app, which shows that you are an active student at the University College.
- How to download Digital Student ID
If you do not have a smart phone, you can collect a sticker, which you fix to your access card in order to validate your student status.
Student card: Your student card is a physical card that you tap to gain access to buildings on campus.
- Go to the self-service portal.
- Click "Change picture" to take your ID-photo. This photo will be used on both your student card and Digital Student ID. You may choose to upload a passport photo here instead.
- Once you have taken a photo, return to the start page of the self-service portal and choose "Order card". You can pick up the student card at Studentservice, no earlier than one week after ordering. NB! Payment of semester fee must be registered in the studentweb before you can collect the card (usually two days after payment). Remember to bring a valid ID.
After you have signed up for classes and exams on Studentweb, you get access to your courses in Canvas. Here, the lecturer can post lecture notes, articles, exercises, videos, messages, etc. Canvas is also available as an app for both iPhone and Android phones. Important messages are posted on Canvas, so pay attention.
Support Canvas: firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect to wireless LAN on campus (eduroam)
You will find wireless LAN all over Molde Campus. Wi-fi login for students: choose eduroam from available networks. Use your studentnumber:email@example.com and press connect. Example: firstname.lastname@example.org Accept the Certificate when this appears.