The first days as a student - registration
Activate user account
When your account is ready for activation you will receive an e-mail with instructions and a link to the self-service portal.
- Activate your user account using your surname and date of birth. Steps in the activation:
- You have to accept electronically: Guidlines for using computers at Molde University College and keycard
- Username (studentnumber) will be provided, and you will create your personal password during the activation.
- Read more about username and passwords
- If you experience any issues activating your account: Contact IT Support
Register with Studentweb
Log on to StudentWeb - Use login with Feide and select "Use work or school account". You may then be asked to log in with a username (firstname.lastname@example.org) and password. Choose "My studies" and click on show my education plan with assigned student number and password.
- You must accept electronically: rules and guidelines concerning examination, rules concerning the use of sources and policy statements. References and bibliographies and library lending rules.
- You must approve the study plan and register for both classes and exams. Deadline for registration for each subject is 1 September for the autumn semester and 1 February for the spring semester.
- Our staff will be available if you need some help.
Check the following in the Studentweb Portal:
- That your home address is correct.
- Your student home address is correct
- Email and phone numbers are correct. Contact email@example.com if some of your information is incorrect.
- Watch instruction video of how to register with StudentWeb
Pay semester fee
- Deadline: 1 September (autumn) and 1 February (spring)
The semester fee is NOK 745, -, and consists of two parts:
- NOK 725 is the semester fee itself, including NOK 225 in the Kopinor fee, which is mandatory to pay each semester.
- NOK 20 is a voluntary support to the Students' and Academics' International Assistance Fund - SAIH
Invoice with KID number is generated in Studentweb, under the tab Payment. NB. Make sure you use the correct KID when paying.
Digital Student ID
Digital Student ID is an app, which shows that you are an active student at the University College.
- Read more about and download Digital Student ID (fellesstudentsystem.no)
- Requirements and guidance for photo
After you have signed up for classes and exams on Studentweb, you get access to your courses in Canvas. Here, the lecturer can post lecture notes, articles, exercises, videos, messages, etc. Canvas is also available as an app for both iPhone and Android phones. Important messages are posted on Canvas, so pay attention.
- Support Canvas: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Canvas Guidance for students (Change language etc)
Connect to wireless LAN on campus
At the campus you can connect your device (PC/mobile/tablet) to eduroam.
The college has the myPrint system printing services. As a student you are automatically registered as a user and the service can be used with the Kofax Business Connect app.
An access card can be issued to all new students after paying the semester fee and completing registration. The access card gives you access to the campus and is used as a library card. The card is also used for print and copy services.
If you are an online student or have been a student at Molde University College before you do not need a (new) access card.