Sport Management Research Group
The Sport Management research group consist of researchers with an interest in management related issues within the sport context.
The Sport Management Research Group is within the Faculty of Business Administration and Social Sciences. We aim to develop and publish knowledge relevant to sport organizations and the sports industry.
The group members represent a broad scope of research methods and interest.
Our research areas:
- Organizations and society
- Structures, institutions, policies and politics
- Human resource management
- Leader succession and effectiveness
- Organizational behavior and strategic management
- Sport for development and peace
- Sport and inclusion
- Event organization
- Volunteering in sports organizations
- Sports as a business
- Economics, game theory and finance
- Marketing and sponsorship
- Gender issues in sport
Ongoing research projects:
- ERASMUS + Play the Game's European sports governance project
- ERASMUS + GETZ project
- Too young to ride?
The research is funded by Molde University College, various contract research and Erasmus +.
- Solveig Straume (Leder)
- Geir Oterhals (Nestleder)
- Kjetil Kåre Haugen (Nestleder)
- Christos Anagnostopoulos
- Odd Anders Bøyum-Folkeseth
- Harald Klaus Dolles
- Hallgeir Gammelsæter
- Knut Peder Heen
- Kjell Marius Herskedal
- Ole Martin Kleivenes
- Oskar Solenes
- Birnir Egilsson